Fivestar Wanganui Enterprises
Wanganui Enterprises provides rehabilitation, skills training and employment for people living with disabilities. Employees and trainees are able to work in a safe working environment in either our woodwork or light engineering factory areas.
We are the manufacturers of Fivestar products and deliver a number of training and rehabilitation programmes. Our core products consists of:
- Dog kennels and runs
- Garden furniture
- Raised gardens
- Wooden boxs
- Custom made items
- Light engineering services
- Rehabilitation & training programmes.
The aim of these programmes is to deliver an employment focused motivation and training within a factory workplace context. The primary outcome is:
- for the client to achieve motivation, skills and experience towards sustainable employment in partnership with support agencies to help maximise employment potential and/or further education opportunities.
- Develop a pathway of motivation that endeavours to meet basic employer and industry requirements
- Build work readiness and workplace skills by developing and improving on skills, qualities, abilities and the potential of each participant.
- Link training to an achievement that will assist in obtaining sustainable employment opportunities wherever practicable
- Rehabilitate those who are in need of confidence building to extend and discover new skills Experience and adapt to getting to and from a place on time
- Hone the ability for reliable constant attendance
- Experience working in a team factory environment
- Become more marketable - for open employment
- Further Education Increase Confidence, Communication, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
We also offer a range community participation programmes.